Who wants to be a millionaire? We all want that and perhaps more than being a rich [by amount], our ultimate goal is FINANCIAL FREEDOM. However many Filipinos are like me, born poor and not genius [ingenious lang] to buy whatever I desire. So paanong gagawin to earn and save kwarta at di puro kahon? Here’s the part two of my 6 Unpopular and probably Weird Money Saving Tricks, which mostly about defying conformity.
4. Take home and take care of the freebies – Last April nagbakasyon ang ate ko from Dubai and she pampered Nanay as they checked in two different hotels for six days. When Nanay went home, I found out that she took soaps, toothpastes, toothbrushes, shampoos, and shaving creams from those hotels. It’s hilarious, but seriously she didn’t violate any rule. In fact, kasama naman talaga sa binayaran sa hotel ang supply ng toiletries. ‘Lam mo kung ano kasunod na nangyari? Ilan do’n ang dala kong toiletries sa Laguna getaway namin.
Ilan din sa ginagamit ko pang ball pen, flash drives, notepad, notebook, fan, ID holder, umbrella and pencil ay mula sa freebies and PRIZES na IBINIGAY sa akin sa seminars, events, and promos. May lapis pa nga ata mula sa isang workshop ko noong 2003 at kung tama ako ay since 2012 ay di na ako bumibili ng mga nabanggit kong school/ office materials.
5. Buy universal load retailer card for your personal use – Why? It’s money-saving trick to control your expenses, maiwasan ang load expiration/ validity period, and avail wide variety of prepaid products at your fingertips. Ako 3 cellphone ko na magkakaiba ang network at lahat prepaid. Unless may something… I think Php 100-200 ang expenses ko monthly para sa tatlo. Hindi ko na rin maalala kung kailan ako nagpunta ng tindahan [na hihingi ng additional 2-3 pesos] para makagpag-load.
6. Social Media Detox – Lalim lupeeet! Well it’s a simple and yet revolutionary approach especially in this modern age. Because it seems like logging in sa social media sites is part of our daily routine [ and SELF-WORTH?]. Here’s the thing, even if you don’t want to be negative, you are prone to feel angry, envy, irritated, sad or sabaw because of shared posts, selfies or groupies, trending issues, and other spicy updates. So what are the money-saving tricks you can do from practicing occasional social media detox?
- Avoid comparison – a. maiingiit b. magyayabang ka rin c. maaasar manliliit or e. papanggap ka. When you feel envy or want to surpass someone, you are tend to spend more and unreasonably.
- Avoid invitations/ promotions – yang “curiosity click” ay puwedeng impulsive buying later. Sa ibang banda, valid at honest ang rason na hindi mo naman talaga nabasa yung invitation.
- Prioritize things that really matter. Spend more time for your study, work, and business [unless may kinalaman sa social media trabaho mo].
- Avoid fanatics and fanaticism – Ito theory ko lang ha, ang pinaka-active [10x?] na klase ng mga Pinoy sa social media [esp. Facebook, Twitter at Instagram] ay iyong mga FANATIC. Kung sasabayan mo sila either mega mabubuwiset ka o magiging super fan ka na rin. Maraming study tungkol sa masamang epekto ng Fanaticism gaya ng it’s like alcoholism at Celebrity Worship Disorder [source: Psychology Today]. So kapag naging fanatic ka na? Gagastos ka ng gagatos para sa inidolo mo! Bakit? Be High on God ka na lang. Tingnan mo nga ang mga sikat ayaw daw mag-social media.