Blogapalooza, a business-to-blogger- networking event (B2B), brought fun to my weekend (after my little health drama). And why not? After series of absences in blog events with my Powerhouse Clique group, I finally emerged and be with them to find interesting firms and institutions that worthy to blog or market.
Differences between Blogapalooza 2013 and Blogapalooza 2014
- Unlike last year, I intentionally not to just sit in front of stage. Hindi naman dahil sa boring yung mga presentors, pero naisip ko lang ginawa ko na yun last year. Gusto ko naman, i -enjoy yung lakad lang nang lakad to know, to play and get rewards more. Pero at the end of the day di ko rin naisa-isa yung mga booth- loka-loka lang.
- I discovered so many ideas when it comes to business innovation/ startups- I like Zing Rewards, Dr. Kong, EatoutManila, Bonsey Jaden, Dyson Cool, Touch Pay, My Shopping Box and AMPR.
- Naligaw ako big time, I walked from area of the Mind Museum to SM Aura.
- I regretted, big time, that I didn’t print or create calling cards ( I had an idea without shelling out a
pennypeso pero di ko ginawa) especially with that gift item from Bonsey Jaden (which had adorable booth ambassador) . I wanted the Fuji Instamax films so badly!
- Personally, I like MaxiCare Lite ( because I’m serious on my quest to freelancing/ homebased), Habitat for Humanity‘s promo that can help my Kababayan in Tacloban, Brainfit Studio and ZionWifi.com.
- Which booths amazed me? Booths of Acer Philippines, ZionWifi (I’m lucky unang attempt na -unlock ko agad yung kandado), Flawless ( may napuntahan yung Dart training ko kay Sensei Bangaw), Ideal Vision ( kung puwede 5 times ko gawin yung Just Dance challenge gagawin ko hehehe), Dr. Kong‘s foot assessment ( thumbs up sa inyo ladies), Our Awesome Planet‘s virtual cool photo snap, and AMPR‘s words play ( yun talaga ang play ko pero ang baba ng score ko hehehe). Actually gusto ko rin yung sa Chooks to Go or Zing Rewards hindi nga lang ako sinuwerte.
- I regretted that I didn’t bring a smartphone ( I could borrow my niece’s phone in replace of iPhone na naisip ko lang ibenta), I missed playing at Zomato booth and lot of Instagram games – not so smart move huh! Pero kasi siguro naisip ko nung una, let me catch something other than playing using gadgets.
- Ang naabutan kong celebrities na dumating were Maxene Magalona and an athlete player (wait I forget his name guapo e) na ambassadors ng Belo/ Flawless at Bogart the Explorer. Siguro may iba pa pero hindi ko na nakita yung iba because hindi nga ako naglagi sa harapan ng stage.
- I got fewer rewards/ gifts because of the obvious reasons but still I’m happy meeting and mingling with enthusiastic people – I always do. By the way thank You Vikings, Yellow Cab, and House of Lasagna you delighted the foodie in me. I will definitely visit any of your branches soon.
Why Business to Business (B2B) event inspires me?
Bago magpunta sa Blogapalooza 2014 I had some reflections on richness and business. Perhaps it’s because of the novel I’m reading and the long walk around BGC (SM Aura is within Bonifacio Global City). Dati kasi pinangarap ko na magka-kotse after college then when I realized that it’s not gonna happen yet, dun na-divert yung fascination ko to business. I told myself I need to do something extra to achieve my dreams like owning a car or buying a house and lot. I don’t know but my work is partly passion so it’s either push or hold me na magtrabaho alang-alang sa pera. I hope it’s not pride or what (sinong ayaw sumuweldo ng malaki?), basta ayoko lang nade-demoralize and may worth yung ginagawa ko. Ina-apply ko rin naman yun sa business but I think I shift gear and apply the mantra “business is business.
With B2B event, which by the way really stands for Business to Business, it makes me just enjoy the journey of entrepreneurship or unleash the little businesswoman and insatiable blogger in me. At the end of the day, I don’t bother to market interesting companies with or without gifts because they make me feel to go on, enjoy life, explore any ideas I have, follow their lead and reap success. Hopefully someday, I’ll be enterprising blogger to business owner that will give exciting games in Blogapalooza 2016 ( hindi pa 2015 ano? hehehe).