Anong dahilan sa pagre-resign sa trabaho? One day, I received a text message an ganito ang tema mula sa aking kaibigan. She asked me (survey lang daw) “Anong mga factors ang iko-consider mo para lumipat ng company” or the factors to quit from your job and find new one. Here are my answers with additional ideas and tips:
- I am not happy anymore or already demoralized. As employees, we’re driven because of something we value (money, challenge, or passion ). Kapag nawalan ka na ng gana o naramdaman mo wala ng respeto sa iyo, maiiba na kahit pa ang mindset mo. Parang pilit na lang lahat ng gagawin o kaya konting kibot ay magiging sensitive ka. Matinding dahilan sa pagre-resign iyan kaysa maging unprofessional and rebellious. Save your image, passion, and your good relationship with your company. There are petty issues na hinga lang ng malalim o iutot mo sa CR that would only last for a period of time. However, there are concerns that either you embrace or have to let go. Resignation is ideally just closing a chapter (not burning bridges) to explore new, exciting ones. Furthermore, gossiping, laziness, and tardiness would not take you anywhere other than suspension or termination.
- If I think I can do what I like in another company. Millennial tayo so may pagka-Yolo. I think it’s not about being loyal to a company anymore but being loyal to your priorities, values, and well-being. Just following orders will not promote you or give you a higher salary. It boils down to your performance based on what you see and feel about your job. Doon papasok yung kung mahal mo ang trabaho mo, mamahalin ka rin nito. If you passionately do your duties despite problems and shortcomings and not only because of the salary, go for it ‘di ba?!
- I need better compensation package – I like a company that’s not only pay me justly, but also take care of me with their benefits and perks. If I have to choose between higher fee o flexible time, I’ll choose being in control of my time. It’s also because I like to value my work-life balance and I have different biological Prime time. Saka mabilis ang takbo ng oras ngayon, madaling tumanda (dalaga?) at habang single pa kaya gawin na ang magagawa mo for your “self-worth” and health. Another dahilan sa pagre-resign ay yung inaabuso ang kabaitan o kasipagan mo. ‘Wag masyadong mabait sa sahod dahil baka inaabuso ka na, hindi ka pa aasenso.
- I am not culturally fit with them – Swak ba ako sa company or outcast? I believe I am adaptable, naman, but of course, to a certain extent. I can easily jive with cowboys, geeks, introverts, extroverts, conservatives, older, younger, liberals, etc. However, I admit it’s hard for me to be with people who are unapproachable, forceful, manipulative, and self-absorbed. Okay lang naman to work with them, pero if “I feel something strange in my neighborhood,” I call
Ghostbustersit quits. You can’t be a team player with people who dislike you or are hard to please.
- Go LBM! – Mayabang na ako ngayon, ako na nagpa-fire ng boss. Charrot lang! Honestly, I don’t quit from a company merely because of ill-tempered bosses. What I weigh is the management of the company (unless one-man company ito). May mga boss na moody and super strict, but good in handling people. In the business side, it’s hard to rely on a boss naman who’s so temperamental that he can’t be professional and enterprising. Hihintayin mo bang kasama kang bumagsak kasama n’ya at ng kompanya? Maawa tayo sa health natin, ‘wag tayong patalo sa stress. On the other hand, I consider bad system na ang dahilan kapag may problema ang company na hindi naman nila naso-solve o ginagawan ng aksyon.
I had a gig before that the HR manager always gave different reasons why our fees were always delayed. She even used bank woes as an excuse ( as if I can’t call my bank). Whether she’s telling the truth or not, it doesn’t matter. It’s obvious that she’s incompetent and the company’s tolerating her? So go look for better management (LBM) na lang, mahirap mag-stay with the hopeless and be hopeless (stay in the rat race)